Botho University through the Student and Alumni Affairs Department (SAAD) which is a student centred department that enhance out of classroom education through quality support services including Counselling, Special needs support, Alumni engagement, career development and student governance, handed out Certificates of Appreciation to the 2019/2020 Student Representative Council (SRC). The event took place at Botho University Maseru campus on the 29th June 2020. Eleven former SRC members were awarded certificates in eleven different portfolios they formerly occupied. The event began with all in attendance observing a moment of silence for the late student and Council member, Refiloe Phoofolo (Minister of Academics) who was awarded the certificate and whose certificate posthumously will be given to his family.
In his remarks the Dean and Head of Campus, Dr. Abhishek Ranjan pressed on the value and importance of leadership in life. He emphasized that leadership should be taken as a process rather than an end so that we learn with every step we take every day. He concluded by saying Botho University values with high regard the participation of students in student life affairs. He applauded the courage and the decision they took to enter office and be student leaders while on the other hand, the former Vice President, Thabo Pitso speaking on behalf of the former council appreciated the words of wisdom from the Dean. In his closing remarks he concluded that leadership is challenging and should not to be taken lightly .
The certificates were awarded to:
- Ramakholoane Moshe- President (in absentia)
- Thabo Pitso – Vice President
- Tlotliso Kasane –Secretary General
- Mongalo Tau-Minister of Finance
- Tumelo Rampote-Minister of Public Relations
- Kelello Tjale –Minister of Sports, Culture and Recreation
- Maseru Likotsi- Minister of Gender and Social Welfare
- Refiloe Phoofolo-Minister of Academic Affairs (Posthumously)
- Seboka Khati-Minister of Entertainment
- Tlotliso Masiloane-Minister of Justice and Infrastructure
- Ntoloane Setoi-Administration Secretary