BothoHacks is currently underway at Botho University, Botswana campus and you cannot miss this exciting hackathon!
The event is set to run for two days where students come together in teams and use their skills to tackle real-world technical challenges and projects. In pairs or groups of four, students are required to come up with an idea, and along the hackathon make it a reality. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
Students will then present their final projects in front of the judges on the second day of the event, which is tomorrow.
BothoHacks is held on Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th. The event will begin at 7:30 on both days. Students must bring any form of ID for check in i.e university ID or government ID.
Ensure everyone on your team has submitted an application and been accepted to partake in BothoHacks.
Here’s a few tips to get you and your team that hackathon win:
- Find your hackathon mojo- go into the event with a mindset to win. It is a competition after all!
- Form a team that shares the same vision
- Download and install text editor apps that with help you write and read code easily.
- Brainstorm ideas with your team before the hackathon starts.
- Prepare for your presentation- a good presentation is key to winning a hackathon.
- Know your audience, judges and their evaluation criteria.
I promise you with these tips your team will come up tops. The Best Overall Hack award will be given to the team with the most technical project with the highest impact and innovation.
If you love learning new things, then this hackathon is absolutely a must.
For more details on BothoHacks visit https://www.bothohacks.org/#description