Leadership is described as “The action of leading a group of people or an organization”.
Wikipedia describes it as “…the action of leading people in an organization towards achieving goals. Leaders do this by influencing employee behaviors in several ways. A leader sets a clear vision for the organization, motivates employees, guides employees through the work process and builds morale…..”
Becoming a “leader” is not a random occurrence or something that happens by chance. It’s a process whereby an individual is thoroughly, practically exposed to a deliberate and systematic model of education that will result in the instillation and building of an informed individual capable of “leading” others.
Some school of thought say that “leaders are born” while others are of the view that they are “developed”. The latter is more realistic since it brings desired outcomes in transforming someone into a leader.
As we are one of Africa’s leading online educational institutions, Botho University Distance Learning has since our formation 21 years ago, realized the importance of education in transforming our students into leaders. This is reflected in the system of education we offer in our faculties that are listed below:
- Faculty of Computing – BSc (Hons) in Computing
- Faculty of Business and Accounting – BSc (Hons) in Accounting
- Faculty of Business and Accounting – BSc (Hons) in Business Management
- Faculty of Business and Accounting – BSc (Hons) in Finance
- Faculty of Computing – B.Sc (Hons) in Multimedia Systems
- Faculty of Health and Education – BSc (Hons) in Health Information Management
- Faculty of Computing – BSc (Hons) in Mobile Computing
- Faculty of Business and Accounting – Master of Business Administration – MBA
- Faculty of Business and Accounting – AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians
- Faculty of Computing – Bachelor of Science Honours in Network Security and Computer Forensics
- Faculty of Computing – MSc in Computer System Management
- Faculty of Health and Education – B.Ed (Hons) in Primary Education
- Faculty of Health and Education – Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education
- Faculty of Health and Education – MEd in Higher Education
- Faculty of Hospitality and Sustainable Tourism – BSc (Hons) in Hospitality Management.
Our above courses are all designed to effectively nurture young leaders who go on to make an impact in the corporate and entrepreneurial world. BU alumni go on to lead others in organizations towards achieving goals. They influence employee behaviors in several ways, setting a clear vision for the organization, motivating employees and guiding employees through the work process and builds morale among other aspects.
In their various leadership roles, BU graduates or alumni are defined by their sense of vision and how they share it, how they motivate as people managers, how they serve, how they empathize, how they create, their thoroughness at work, their management and team building abilities and so forth.
If you are thinking about leadership in the corporate or entrepreneurial world, think BU Distance Learning accredited qualifications for the right foundation.
To browse all our courses available for blended and distance learning visit: https://online.bothouniversity.com/ and apply today.