The purpose of academic education is to prepare individuals for the workplace, whether as an employee or entrepreneur and corporate training is crucial.
Botho University degrees, available not only for students in our physical campuses in Southern Africa, but across the world via our Blended and Distance learning platform, also give students access to a wide variety of customised corporate training programmes and short courses at affordable prices.
If you want to upskill and be flexible in the workplace, then distance learning with Botho University is for you.
We offer customised training programmes that provide an immediate impact that empowers and equip employees.
Our training programmes
We offer business and management for non-financial executives and Excel for accountants. The basics of managing a business and computer literacy for financial managers.
Offering business excellence training course which focuses on the Basics of Kaizen, a Japanese philosophy that has been designed to provide a strong foundation in lean manufacturing and continual improvement. The training includes a mix of theory and practical learning activities.
- Health and Education
A ten-week course in learning Setswana language. This programme will equip learners with basic knowledge and skill required to enable communication both verbally and written in Setswana. It is tailor-made for people who do not have any Setswana background and interested in learning the language and culture.
- Information Technology
Attending this computer course will equip learners with the skills required for them to be competent and qualified computer technicians. Learning the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PC’s, laptops, basic networking and security. It is a 60-hour course.
Benefits of corporate training for both employee and the organisation
- Better customer service – Employees are motivated to do better and excel in their work.
- Creating job flexibility – The willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations. It helps employers improve the productivity and efficiency of the business.
- Equipping staff to take on more responsibility – The staff can handle more workload and share responsibilities.
- Increasing employee motivation – An employee can feel demotivated or stagnant and look for another job if there are not happy in the workplace. Keeping staff motivated is essential for business growth.
- Keeping up with new technological developments and methods – Adopting the latest technological trends in the workplace.
- Maintaining knowledge and skills – To retain knowledge, skills need to be practised and refreshed regularly. Develop and maintain skills in the workplace
- Staying ahead of competitors– Staying in the same place as a business, with no changes or development can kill a business. To win a firm has to compete. Keeping up with your competitors is one way to do that.
- Development of creativity– The staff will go beyond the call of duty. Innovation and new creative ideas for the business are ideal.
- Openness– A sense of unity and transparency amongst employees and the employer.
- Addressing employees weaknesses– A training program allows you to strengthen those skills that each employee needs to improve.
Corporate training functions as a tool for learning, gaining knowledge and developing creativity amongst employees. These functions not only help in the development of employees but also enable them to achieve professional milestones and excel in their jobs.
Providing the necessary training creates an overall knowledgeable staff that excels in their work and can work independently, in a team without being constantly supervised.
For more information click here to download our corporate training profile booklet.