Upon enrolling for online studies, there are two things that are likely to happen to you. You are going to start being a bit stressed at the prospect of either being successful or failing your course.
So it’s important that you get advice to help you in making the best out of your studies. Here, we draw your attention to the several ways that exist and have been proven in the distance learning space.
- Allocate a specific study space where you study.
Family and friends should respect your study space to avoid your computer equipment and other items like books and assignment papers being touched or somehow disturbed by way of household items that may encroach into your dedicated study area. Ensure that your
Always seek for help as and when necessary: Make it a habit to consult peers and or instructors to tackle particular tasks or just to share certain experiences around your studies.
- Know distance learning practices and what to look out for:Know that distance learning is not at all less hard to pursue compared to the conventional classroom method. Also, concentration and commitment are key to your studies, and you should be prepared to do the following:
- Be involved in computer-based classrooms.
- Be knowledgeable in technology or be ready to be taken steps that will make technologically comfortable.
- Be a team-player – that is someone who will share with other peers.
- Be on time in finishing assignments.
- Be prepared to restrain yourself.
- Have access to dependable internet.
Be aware that in using computer equipment and accessories like flash disks you are most likely to experience downtime due to, for example, virus infection. Furthermore, guard your computer equipment jealously even against family and close friends who may ask to use it and end up inserting their flash disks in. Storing your work in cloud-based platforms such as Dropbox ensures that you will always access it without any problems. Virus infection causes computers to crash, so ensure to have an anti-virus infection on your computer or laptop.
- Create a plan for how you want to execute your studies:This is very important as it helps you to keep track of your course requirements. Also, this way you avoid forgetting some stuff along the way.
- Work way ahead of the date the assignment is due.
- Create a convenient study calendar with things to do on a daily basis and what timelines to finish each task.
- Estimate how much time you will need for each for the task and stick to it.
- Maintain the timelines that you have set or try to keep your set schedule.
- Avoid postponing tasks unless there is a good reason or the cause is beyond your control.
- Get into the practice of re-looking into the work that you have completed.
- Ensure you give yourself enough rest or not to overwork yourself.
- Learn to do some light body exercises to stay fresh and also maintain a healthy body/mind.
You don’t necessarily need to sign up with a gym but regular walks to the nearest shops or to a friend’s or peer’s house refresh your mind and body.
Ultimately, sticking to the above will ensure your success as the end result will reflect the hard work you would have put in.
If you have mastered these tips have your mind made up already that distance learning is the way to go, why procrastinate further? Botho University offers you the chance to enroll and start your distance learning journey immediately.
Click here to register today; http://crmportal.bothouniversity.ac.bw/RegisterNow.aspx?rand=38485248.66244282